Monday, September 28, 2009

Where Did September Go?

Looking back on my calendar I'm assessing what I did and where the month went. Seems after retirement time flies by without much accomplishment. Or, at least we think there's been no accomplishment. One thing I did resume which I hope I can keep up is walking to the Plaza at least 3 times a week. I walk my neighborhood twice a day with Elsa, my Yorkshire Terrier; however, that is not a very long walk so I need to add some mileage to the effort.

Some social events popped up and a visitor came through town.

I've been generating several chapters to my Rosebud book......which, will in the final analysis, turn into Petunia or another flower name. Rosebud is the small town in which I grew up in Central Texas. It was actually a fun place to grow up, good teachers and schools. After I left town when I graduated from High School, the beautiful red brick school building that meant so much to the town was designated unsafe and torn down. The Rosebud School District was then consolidated with Lott School District and became Rosebud-Lott High School. Many old timers are still upset about that. And, in fact, some research has been done to claim that the building was not unsafe and did not have to be condemned.....it just happened to be the year of consolidation. Oh well, at least some of us still have a souvenir brick.

Must go now and prepare for the advent of October, which, too, will fly by, hurling in November than Christmas. Dear Santa, my wish list is growing!

1 comment:

Joan Mora said...

I love the name Petunia--used it for a minor character once, then snipped her out of the book.

Anxious to read your work!